About BCSS Software
BCSS enjoys 95% customer satisfaction. BCSS competitors want you to focus on the other 5%.
Best Consignment Shop Software™ Circa: March 2001
Prior to BCSS™ there was no consignment software under $700 and (big) trailing fees were required (or service and software updates were denied).
BCSS™ pioneered innovative policies in consignment software by:
- Lowering acquisition cost by as much as 70% by not padding price with precharges for customer support.
- Doing away with annual service fees, add-on fees and hidden fees including tack-ons like sales tax.
- Providing free lifetime updates for software which means that BCSS clients enjoy improvements to the software at no additional cost.
- Leading vendors in advertising and fair-business practices.
- Providing free benefits with purchase:
- A free copy of 'How to Start a Consignment Shop'
- A free listing in The Consignment Shops n Stores Directory
- Free training before or after purchase - to assure customer satisfaction before payment
- Several roles of thermal price labels (BCSS Diamond™ and Virtual™)
- Automatic local data backups
Today we continue to be proponents of full disclosure and truth in advertising in our industry.
Even though you may be in a hurry to get a consignment business up and running, take time now to avoid problems and large expenses later. Know the vendor from whom you are purchasing software. Just because someone claims to have been around 'a long time' does not mean that their product or service is better or fairly priced. It may only mean (and often does) that they have had years of experience and practice in refining ways of hiding after-sale costs.
One very important consideration: "Who backs the software?" Was there one person who wrote his own program, put up a website, adopted a company name and toll-free number who uses the word 'we' a lot, attempting the give the (false) impression that 'he' is a software 'company'? It's often easy to tell because the person who is attempting to sell his software to you is the same person who not only wrote the program but who is the only person capable of fixing it and keeping it up to date, so when he's gone, so is support for 'his' software.
A search for Consignment Software shows these listings by our competitors:
While imitation may be a form of flattery, competing vendors are obviously hoping to steer our potential customers their way by infringing upon our trademark. How disappointing it must be to their website visitors to find sky-high prices, annual service fees and a whole litany of deceptions about cost, support and policies. (The last vendor on the list actually refers to their software as 'The Best Consignment Shop Software Solution'!)
Two of our competitors think that the way to compete is not to lower prices but to lower themselves to smear campaigns, suggesting that we've had unhappy customers and they haven't.
Mercedes Benz has the highest customer-satisfaction rating amongst large companies with an 87% approval rating. That means that 13% were unhappy about something. We are no different except that our approval rating is probably up around 95%!
Most recently a critic falsely claimed in his blog, "There is no Best Consignment Shop Software!". World renowned Internet authorities like WikiPedia, CNET, Google and TuCows beg to differ, and of course he does fail to mention our Trademark and Service-Mark rights based upon 'first to use' (2001) and 'first to file' (2002).
When you are faced with the choice of replying upon the opinions of others, search the Better Business Bureau (bbb.org) for 'Best Consignment Shop Software' to view our A+ rating.
Lastly, the people who have known us and worked with us, some as far back as 2002, have first-hand experiences and knowledge of our reliability and reputation for fairness and honesty. Ask us for BCSS clients in your area or better yet, just download the demo onto any Windows computer and use the program, with sample data or live data, and satisfy yourself that BCSS provides the best value at the best price with the most favorable terms.
Here are just a few people who have given their permission to have their contact information published on our website:
- Andrea Falkner, Poulsbo Mercantile, Poulsbo, WA, 360-779-6434
- David Kersey, Old Mill Market Square, Brevard, N.C., 828 859-5467
- Karen Brown, My Sisters Closet, Luzerne, PA, 570-287-4333
- Michelle Puckett, Designer Exchange, Houston, TX, 713-782-1780
- Mischelle Hackworth, Treasures on Main, Paintsville, KY, 606-789-1661
- Randy Welters, Barking Dogs Studio, Sooke, BC, 778-425-2021
- Real Roy, Boston Consignment, Boston, MA, 978-969-1115
BCSS Editions grow with shop needs and
user skills. (Prices are for software only.)
- Strong Financials: We are diversified. Our bottom line doesn't rest solely upon consignment software.
- Independence: BCSS™ is not 'programmer dependent'. We have service reps in CT, FL, NY, ON, SC and TX.
- Growth: By far we are the fastest-growing provider of consignment software in the world, spanning the globe with customers in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Germany, Spain, New Zealand, Australia and Singapore, South Africa, South America and The United Arab Republic.
- Reputation: Dell Computers and Intuit (QuickBooks) endorse BCSS™ & we are in Google's top results for 'consignment.
- Reliability: Microsoft's FoxPro 9.0 commercial-grade database software - used by the Department of Defense and the EuroTunnel Project.
- 3-5 Year Warranties
- eBook: "How to Start a Consignment Business" (52 pages)
- Free 2-Day Shipping
- Free Advertising
- Free Daily Data Backups
- Free Software Updates
- Lifetime Support
- No Add-On Fees
- No Annual Fees
Get a free inventory tracking spreadsheet.
See complete systems vs used software offerings.
Small business systems for startup operations
Business management software for Art Galleries
Buy Outright Software for buying from individuals and reselling
Dealers and stores transacting in guns
Special edition of BCSS for Model Railroads
12/24 Specialty page added for Boutique Software.
10/10 Best software is well suited for RV consignment.
7/13 The program has been configured for car consignment.
6/29 Replace Consignment Boutique Software.
Get the heads up on vendors' deceptive advertising practices at Consignment Software Reviews.
10/16 > Why waste money on a receipt printer? See why not.
10/16 > The unique settlement features of Best Consignment Shop Software. View them.
Special provisions for inventory in