Consignment Software for Virginia
Here are the essential considerations in choosing a software program for your consignment/resale/retail store: Cost, Service and Features
Cost includes all money paid by the shop to the software vendor for basically using the software.
A sure-fire way of maximizing software cost is to chose a program with monthly payments (rental) or 'support plans'. If circumstances permit it's a sure bet that amounts related to these types of offerings will increase over time.
Unfortunately for the consignment-software industry some of the software providers have honed their skills in hiding future costs. Here are a few examples:
- The lone decision maker at 'consignpro' claims that his annual support fee is "optional" without disclosing presale that software updates are essential and will be withheld if his optional fee is not paid.
- The fine print at Resaleworld excludes 'training' and other services from the 'annual support plan' and prices these additional services at $100 to $!75 per hour.
- Historically every consignment-software provider has increased the monthly or annual support fee so it's a fair assumption that those opportunities will be seized in the future.
- Your business will grow and one day you will need more copies of the software for additional computer stations in your store. How much will those cost and will the amount you're paying for 'annual support' be increased? That will happen with the two vendors mentioned above.
- Most software vendors offer one version of the software at one very high price so signing up means paying for unwanted or unneeded features.
- Some vendors require using the credit-card processing service that is integrated with their software. The reason for that is the software vendor gets a kickback on every sale and you're paying higher-than-necessary processing costs to fund the kickbacks.
Choosing a software program and hardware for it is a simple decision for Virginia store owners.
Best Consignment Shop Software:
- 4 different software versions with tiered pricing and features
- One payment for lifetime use
- No monthly or annual fees (that can be increased later)
- Free software updates
- Use any credit-card processing service
- Excellent support ala carte at less-than-local IT rates
On a final note, if you would like to hear 'bad things' about BCSS, just ask our competitors. If you're looking for independent verified reviews of actual customers look to the BBB and Facebook for independent verified reviews.
Please feel free to call if you need help or just have questions, 888-427-5779.
Happy Virginia Clients:
- The Electric Company, Bedford, Virginia, 540-587-4165
- 3 Little Black Birds, Chesapeake, VA, 757-285-7456
- The Shoppes at Put-In Creek, Cobbs Creek, VA, 804-815-6129
- Southern Chic Trading, Smithfield, V.A., 618-795-5973
- Classic Reflections Consignments, White Marsh, VA, 804-695-6295
- The Right Cut, Winchester, VA, 540-662-5992
- Hannah's Attic, Wytheville, Virginia, 276-227-0440