Best Consignment Software is a low-cost program with all the basic features for consignment, resale, retail and rental with no ongoing forever fees. Start small with one low payment and expand as business and computer skills grow.
- Manage and communicate with clients.
- Tab and label their inventory with barcodes.
- Process sales and settlements.
- Offer 'store credit' as a settlement option.
- Discount inventory as it remains unsold.
- Discount inventory by category.
- Conduct promotional or seasonal sales.
- Export data for use in other programs like QuickBooks.
- Forced daily backups avoid data loss.
- Detailed financial reports for your accountant
Resale for software purposes is the buying of merchandise from individuals for reselling. The program can record information about each seller as well as buy and sell prices, profit and loss and financial reports for any period of time.
A purchase agreement can be printed when items are purchased, spelling out the store's and the seller's information, a description of articles purchased, prices paid, total and terms.
Items can be entered into inventory quickly using a simple input screen. If desired, price labels or hang tags can be printed at the point of entry or they may be printed at a later time.
Unlike consignment of course purchased items become the property of the purchaser and can also be discounted automatically as defined by discount schedules (which may be applied to individuals pieces of to categories of inventory).
Retail purchases are those made from suppliers like wholesalers, manufacturers, importers, distributors, etc. Selling retail in as opportunity to increase shop profits by offering new items in addition to used merchandise. If the store sells women's clothing, for example, a small display of earrings costing $1 each and selling for $3, a 200% markup...
'Rent' in Best Consignment Shop Software takes two forms:
- Rent floor space: Shopping-mall owners, flea-market operators and any business leasing space to merchant vendors can track each rental property, the renter, the amount of rent, when it is due, when it is late and who is waiting to rent the space. The mall operator can print labels and tags for vendors and process vendor sales at one (or more) checkout stations. A special report at the end of each rental period shows which vendors had insufficient sales to cover rent and the amounts of the shortages.
- Rent items: Renting out merchandise is another way of increasing store profit. DVDs come to mind but there may be items that people only want to use for a short period of time, like heavy equipment, boats, cars and sports-related inventory. The program tracks renters, merchandise, date out and due in and produces reports of late returns. A late fee can be applied.
Features of All Versions of the Software -
- Enter inventory in batch or import from spreadsheets.
- Edit agreements and print them when needed.
- Print receipts on plain paper or on 3" thermal receipt paper.
- Print price labels on sheets of paper, sheets of labels or rolls of thermal labels and tags.
- Connect multiple computers at the same location to share the same data.
- Work from home for free using any free remote-PC-access program.
- Gain mobility by using the program on a laptop. Sell on the road. Work from estate sales.
- Paid option: Pass credit-card charges on to patrons by adding a % at checkout and/or deducting a % from settlement of credit-card purchases.
- Paid option: With the Virtual edition of BCSS allow vendors to add inventory online and view their account information online.
- Print an entire account history for any client to show how the current account balance was computed.
- Data can be exported to be used in mailing programs, spreadsheets and QuickBooks.
- Any card-processing system can be used.
Install the free demo and take advantage of the live demonstration prior to purchase to assure your complete satisfaction prior to purchase and take a look at this video introduction.