Change the Date on Your Computer
When entering inventory items in batch for a date other than the current date, changing the date in Windows will avoid having to edit the date entry for each item.
- Click on the date/time display at the very lower-right corner of the Windows screen. (If the date/time isn't showing, the taskbar may be hidden. Hovering over the bottom of the Windows screen will make it appear if the taskbar location wasn't changed from the default of 'bottom'. Alternatively, click on the Start Button and type 'date' then select the option to change date and time.)
- Click on 'Change date and time settings'.
- Click on 'Change date and time'.
- Use the calendar to select the desired date.
- Click OK twice to close the date/time window.
- Remember to change the date back to the current date when finished with the task that required this change.
Reopening BCSS (and screens within the program that display 'date') will now display the revised date.
This hack is helpful when adding several items to inventory, for example, where the 'Date In' is different from the current date. It can also be helpful when creating new client records when the beginning date for new clients differs from the current date.
Remember to change the date back to the current date when finished with the task that required this change.