Even a brand-new computer is loaded with 'bloatware' and must be configured correctly for maximum speed and protection from hackers, attackers and hijackers!
These are just a few of the things that must be done on every computer for maximum performance, safety and enjoyment:
- Install adequate protection against power surges and outages.
- Guarantee that viral attacks can't access the hard drive.
- Maximize RAM memory, giving the computer more 'virtual space' to process.
- Remove all unnecessary programs to free disk space, stop popups, updates and avoid conflicts.
- Turn automatic Windows Updates and Search Indexing off.
- Turn the Windows or anti-virus firewall on.
- Turn Windows Restore on to assure having the ability to recover from a disaster.
- Uninstall unneeded printers and correctly configure printers in use.
- Block employees from making changes on the computer, playing games, downloading files and wasting time on the Internet.
- Prevent employees from voiding sales, making unauthorized discounts and accessing sensitive information in BCSS.
- Manage data backup successfully