The 'cheapest' consignment software is the program that costs the least over the time your business uses it.
The short and simple answer to "What Is The Cheapest Consignment Software?" is Best Consignment Shop Software.
Why BCSS is the cheapest consignment software:
- There are no monthly or annual support 'plans' or fees.
- Watch out for: 'Optional support fees'. They are there for a reason and there are ways in place to force payment of them (withholding software updates and denying service in any form).
- If you do get roped into a 'support plan' expect the fee to be increased with time. The amount to be paid in the future will also increase with the number of users, number of work stations and the number of store locations.
- Choosing a software program with any type of support plan, optional or otherwise, is tantamount to signing a blank check for futures streams of money from your store to the vendor's bank account.
- Initial prices are lower.
- Prices are not padded with prepayment for support so they are significantly lower than competing programs. 'What if' Wilson at consignpro quoted $395 for his software and $1,000 for support for the first year? Would you buy it? Maybe is $1,395 and "free support!" more palatable.?
- Software vendors play word games trying to mask high costs with low entry fees. Liberty for example currently advertises 'free consignment software' when only the demo is free. They offer a longer demo period of 90 days hoping to get demo users 'locked in' eventually.
- "Only $99 to start!" is a pure smoke screen intended to hide the actual ongoing and long-term costs, particularly with 'web-based software'.
- There are no add-on charges at checkout.
- Shipping is always free (lower 48) and there is no sales tax (except TX).
- Software updates are free.
- Some software providers use updates (patches, bug fixes, minor improvements) as a tool for forcing enrollment in a 'service plan'. When an issue arises the first question asked is, 'Are you enrolled in the service plan? No? Well we won't help until you are.'
- Vendors requiring continuous payments insult us by claiming 'software updates are free!'. They aren't 'free' if payment to get them is required.
Best Consignment Shop Software provides a free live demo prior to purchase to assure that all needed features are available and that the software works properly. The demo can be performed remotely. Here's a video overview.